Overview: the lightweight YouTube experience for Android
Do you like watching videos on YouTube but looking for a simple app to do that?
NewPipe has been created with the purpose of getting the original YouTube experience on your smartphone without annoying ads and questionable permissions.
Lightweight YouTube frontend that’s supposed to be used without the proprietary YouTube-API or any of Google’s (proprietary) play-services. NewPipe only parses the YouTube website in order to gain the information it needs.
- YouTube Videos
Simple way to watch videos from the site and use its features.
- Extended Privacy
Does not use the YouTube API nor the Google Play Services.
- Background Player
Use other apps with no hassle while it plays your favourite songs.
- Download Media
Simply download YouTube videos or audio to your device.
Never miss new content from your favourite channels.
Go back in time and enjoy your favourites again.
- Open Source
How it works is not a secret. Go and check it on GitHub.
You get the whole thing for free. No in-app purchases or ads either.
- Playback resume #2288
- Resume streams where you stopped last time
- Downloader Enhancements #2149, #2486
- Use Storage Access Framework to store downloads on external SD-cards
- New mp4 muxer
- Optionally change the download directory before starting a download
- Respect metered networks
- Removed gema strings #2295
- Handle (auto)rotation changes during activity lifecycle #2444
- Make long-press menus consistent #2368
- Fixed selected subtitle track name not being shown #2394
- Do not crash when check for app update fails (GitHub version) #2423
- Fixed downloads stuck at 99.9% #2440
- Update play queue metadata #2453
- [SoundCloud] Fixed crash when loading playlists TeamNewPipe/NewPipeExtractor#170
- [YouTube] Fixed duration can not be paresd TeamNewPipe/NewPipeExtractor#177
- [YouTube] Fixed crash on videos which are age restricted TeamNewPipe/NewPipeExtractor#177
- Languages: en, ru (supplemented by me)
- Graphics deeply optimized applications
- Optimized application manifest
- Application renamed to YouTube Video / YouTube Video
- Hidden tab “Licenses”
- Signature changed