Grand Theft Auto IV (also known as GTA IV or GTA 4) is the eleventh title in the Grand Theft Auto series. The game was developed by Rockstar North and was published and released by Rockstar Games for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC. The Xbox 360 and PS3 versions were released worldwide to widespread hype on April 29, 2008. GTA IV has subsequently been awarded the Gaming World Record of the Most Successful Entertainment Launch of All Time and has received numerous other awards and accolades. The PC version was released on December 3, 2008. GTA IV and Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City were released for Xbox One via backward compatibility on February 9, 2017.
What does the American dream mean today?
For Niko Bellic fresh off the boat from Europe, it is the hope he can escape from his past. For his cousin, Roman, it is the vision that together they can find a fortune in Liberty City, the gateway to the land of opportunity. As they slip into debt and get dragged into a criminal underworld by a series of shysters, thieves, and sociopaths, they discover that the reality is very different from the dream in a city that worships money and status, and is heaven for those who have them and a living nightmare for those who don’t.
- New high-resolution technology brings Liberty City to life with even more stunning graphical detail
- Expanded multiplayer will require even more strategy and skill to come out on top
- Custom Match allows you to pick your favorite multiplayer options and then instantly find online matches that fit
- Optimized for PC controls and Xbox 360 controller
- Niko Bellic: The playable protagonist, through whose eyes the player sees the world of the game. He is morally upstanding and logical despite his criminal life but is often shown to have authority issues. He is also more cynical and pessimistic than is good for him.
- Roman Bellic, Mallorie Bardas, Little Jacob, Brucie Kibbutz, Kate McReary, Bernie Crane and Bryce Dawkins: The optimists, people Niko likes because of their positivity, and they all try in vain to encourage Niko to be more optimistic. Many are foolish and could be mistaken for comic relief, but they do offer pearls of wisdom about life and success, a realization that Niko must make at the same time. Other interesting cases are Ivan Bytchkov, and Hossan, both recent immigrants like Niko but with much more confidence in the American way of life.
- Patrick McReary, Gerald McReary, Derrick McReary, Dwayne Forge, Phil Bell, and Jon Gravelli: The pessimists, people Niko likes because they have the angst that he instinctively responds to. Packie and Dwayne especially become friends of Niko because of their shared struggle; Niko confides in Dwayne remarkably early in their relationship and tells him “you remind me of me”. It’s also notable that he relates well to Jon Gravelli and his bleak sense of humor, despite an enormous age gap, other lifestyle differences and Niko’s traditional dislike of his bosses.
- Vladimir Glebov, Dimitri Rascalov, Mikhail Faustin, Ray Bulgarin, Francis McReary, United Liberty Paper, Manny Escuela, Elizabeta Torres, Playboy X, Ray Boccino, Darko Brevic and Jimmy Pegorino: The corrupt, people Niko doesn’t like (and/or forced to take orders from) because of their greed or immorality. He had to take orders from all of them, considers killing most of them at least once, and inevitably kills about half of them himself. This, combined with his dislike of capitalism, shows that Niko has authority issues and can’t stand corrupt people in power. With the exception of United Liberty Paper (who can be killed five years later), Elizabeth, and only if spared Playboy X and Francis McReary, all of the corrupt end up dead.
- Michelle, Kate McReary, Carmen Ortiz, Kiki Jenkins, and Alex Chilton; girlfriends Niko can date. Michelle and Kate are unlocked in the story mode; the other 3 must be met by the internet. Each girlfriend has their own opinions on what car they would like Niko to drive, what type of clothes he should wear and what type of places they should go to together. The 3 online girlfriends can give Niko a special ability once he pleases them enough in quality and quantity of date.
The American Dream is also shown not to be promised to anyone, not even when they already live in America. Social circles all the way from Playboy X and Elizabeta Torres to Patrick McReary all have trouble making and responsibly saving money, not restricting it to any one nationality. Early on, The Beat 102.7 explains that their listeners “don’t know how to manage their money yet!”. Gerry McReary describes his family’s spending habits as “Never any fucking focus! Never! …Oh yeah, wine and women as quickly as possible, and remain a slave forever”. Packie eventually says after a mission “Well, Niko, that was a whole lot of effort for no fucking reward. Story of my life.” to which Niko replies “It is the story of a lot of lives, Packie. I’m getting used to hearing it”. A very interesting part of the in-game media is a reality TV show called I’m Rich, which documents the most outrageous displays of gluttony by the world’s wealthiest people, enough to make anyone feel inadequate.
Grand Theft Auto IV has an extremely complex plot with a very long list of characters. It is also the first game in the HD Universe that allows the player to change the plot by making choices, which all have consequences. This creates an atmosphere where Niko is haunted and shadowed by his past actions wherever he goes. He tells Roman: “There is no such thing as a new beginning, Roman. With every day we live, we pick up new baggage, the baggage we must carry with us for the rest of our lives. There’s no dropping it and pretending we are fresh and clean, just because we get off a boat in a new place.” Prime examples include his numerous encounters with Ray Bulgarin, most of the random characters, and working alongside Johnny Klebitz or Patrick McReary while he had, either by not having met them yet or circumstances beyond his control, killed someone close to them. In the finale, Niko feels the coffin of Kate or Roman, depending on the player’s choice, on his conscience because of his criminal lifestyle, saying they “never should have gotten close to me”. He is deeply depressed about being trapped in the criminal lifestyle (by a need of income), telling Kate McReary and others that he wishes he could leave it behind, but often adds that he knows he can’t.
How to Download and Install?
- Once Grand Theft Auto 4 has finished downloading, you want to run the game setup, click on ‘Configure’, specify the install directory, click on next and then next again, then select the necessary software (DirectX and Visual C++ [provided in Redist folder]), again click on next,, finally on ‘Install’. The installation should then finish.
- Play the game from the desktop shortcut only using run as administrator. You can now play the full version of GTA 4! Have fun playing and please don’t forget to share this page with all of your friends to support us!
- If you get any .dll errors, make sure you download DirectX.
- Always, run as admin from the patch in desktop.