Overview: Dentex YouTube Downloader is a fantastic tool to download YouTube videos, with nothing to envy any of the big names in its category, like TubeMate or SnapTube.
- Search for YouTube videos within the app;
- Download on your device;
- Remote download on another PC via SSH;
- Multi-threaded downloads: maximizes the bandwidth available and minimizes YouTube’s speed throttling;
- Support for almost any format/quality available from YouTube;
- Audio extraction to aac/ogg or conversion to mp3 (menu available via single-click on items in the Dashboard tab);
- Mp3’s ID3 tags edit;
- Mux Audio-Only and Video-Only streams into a complete video (to enjoy HD resolutions available as separated streams only);
- File management (menu available via long-click on items in the Dashboard tab);
- Handle download link: copy and/or pass it to other apps;
- Video list filters by format, quality, etc via (left) sliding menu;
- Many preferences to customize usage. KNOWN ISSUES
- Some very long running downloads may be forced to PAUSE state if the app is not kept to the front for a certain amount of time. In this cases a manual resume is needed;
- On KitKat and above, is possible to use the external (removable) sd card as the download destination folder, but that’s one caveat: only the app’s private folder will be available. IMPORTANT note: this folder will be deleted by the system (together with all your downloads) if you uninstall the app. For the moment it’s not possible to choose a different directory on the external/removable sd card.
- First of all, remember to enable Unknown Sources from your device’s Security settings, to allow installations of non-market apps (safely ignore the subsequent dialog). Please note: in newer versions of Android, this kind of permission is not system-wide, but has to be given to single apps;
- If the “install” button is not working, temporarily disable apps as Halo, Screenfilter, Twilight, LastPass password manager or anything similar (apps that do “draw on other apps”);
- To install the app, click on your notification bar message for the completed download (if using the system downloads app, otherwise this may vary: i.e. if you have a file manager installed, you can browse to your downloads folder and install YTD’s apk directly, clicking on the apk file).